Year 6 Transition Zone
We believe that a smooth and positive transition from Year 6 to Year 7 is crucial to the start of each child’s secondary education. The aim of our transition process is for every student to move up to King’s Norton Boys’ School feeling excited, confident and cared for.
To achieve a positive transition, we feel that parents, carers, and students should be fully informed about the process. We hope that you will all find the information in our Transition Zone useful and reassuring. This information will be constantly adapted and added to over the next couple of months.
The aims of our ‘Transition Zone’ are:
- To reassure Year 6 students about their transition to King’s Norton Boys’ School and to prepare them for secondary school life.
- To support parents and carers and provide them with all the information they need throughout the transition process.
- For a parent’s guide on starting secondary school, click HERE
- A guide on starting secondary school, from the BBC, can be found HERE
If you cannot find the answer to any questions you may have, please get in touch with us. Below is a list of useful contacts to help with your query:
- Head of Year 7: Miss P Bishop – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Head Teacher for Inclusion and SENDCO: Mrs V Bartlett – Email: email@example.com
- Admissions: Mrs S Holland: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Support Manager: Ms D Mills – Email: email@example.com
- Pastoral Officer & Medical Needs Co-ordinator – Mrs J Forth – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org