Free School Meals
Could your child be eligible for Free School Meals? How do you find out?
Many families may be missing out on Free School Meals for their children simply because they believe that the process of finding out if they are eligible is long-winded and time-consuming. This is not the case. Now it is quick and easy to find out. There is no form to fill in, no need to supply school with copies of your paperwork, no waiting time.
We would encourage all parents to apply online to check eligibility. The new online checking service will instantly advise you if your child is eligible to receive Free School Meals. Your details are also updated automatically so there is no need for a formal review process; everything is kept up to date after your initial application. Both parent and school are advised if you become eligible in the future so the Free School Meal allowance can be applied straightaway to your child’s dinner account. The benefits to you and your child are numerous, all for one quick, easy, confidential, one-time application.
In addition, for every child on Free School Meals, KNBS will also receive additional funding (Pupil Premium) from the Government which we will use to use support teaching and learning. Therefore, by undertaking this simple test, you will also be benefitting our school.
Please take a moment to submit this application irrespective of whether or not you are, or believe you ever will be, in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on -paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
How do I apply?
Simply apply online at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/birmingham/
The whole process will take less than five minutes if you have the relevant information to hand. To complete an application, you will need to provide:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.
Please be mindful that the system is very sensitive to even the smallest of errors. For example, dates of birth and middle names etc.
If you do not have access to the Internet, an application can be made by school. If you would like school to apply on your behalf or if you need any further support or assistance in completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.