Ethos, Values & Aims
At King’s Norton Boys’ we are proud to be a traditional school with a modern, aspirational approach to education. We provide our boys with a diverse range of opportunities, both academic and extra-curricular, to ensure that they are able to gain the highest academic results possible whilst at the same time developing all important life skills.
With over 100 years of history our school has many great traditions that live on in our ethos today. Our motto: Humani Semper Contendimus, ‘we humans are always striving’, drives us in providing the highest quality education for the boys we serve, as does our understanding that ‘we are all learners’.
Our ‘Strive’ values of Self-discipline, Teamwork, Resilience, Initiative, Vision, Endeavour underpin the work of staff and students, as does our commitment to the fundamental human values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, tolerance and kindness.
To provide the highest quality education which allows all of our students to thrive academically and personally.
At King’s Norton Boys’ we:
- Provide a safe and secure environment where all individuals are valued.
- Deliver a broad and rich curriculum with stimulating learning experiences, which develops independent and aspirational learners.
- Equip our students with life-long and transferable skills to prepare them for the responsibilities and challenges of adult life.
- Develop kind and respectful citizens who have a strong sense of self-worth and emotional resilience.
- Cultivate in our students a strong sense of pride and belonging in our school and enable them to make a positive contribution to their community.
- Challenge and support all of our students so that they achieve success; ensuring that none are limited by their background or circumstances.
By 2022, King's Norton Boys' School is considered to be an outstanding school in all aspects.
We are an extremely successful and highly respected school, embracing challenge and continuously improving in every regard; always willing to share what we’ve learned and what we do with other schools.
We have a reputation within our community for enabling our students to flourish both academically and personally. Places at our school are highly sought after by parents and students.
Joining our staff team is an aspiration for teaching and support staff and we are highly regarded within the profession for our ability to develop future leaders.
We continue to abide by our philosophy that ‘we are all learners’, as we constantly strive to build upon our achievements.