COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
The COVID-19 vaccination programme is being administered at KNBS on Friday 8th October 2021.
Key Information about the Vaccination Process
- The vaccination is being offered by the School Age Immunisation Service (SAIS)
- KNBS is only hosting the process, all vaccines will be administered by healthcare staff with appropriate qualifications
- The offer of vaccinations will be for children between the ages of 12-15 only who are in school on the day of the vaccination session.
- a. older children aged 16+ must access the vaccination via local vaccination centres
- b. younger children aged 11 will be advised how they access this vaccine when they become 12 (apologies if your son is 11 and has been given a consent form, the short turnaround time meant this might have happened in some cases)
- SAIS will seek consent from the person with parental responsibility in the same way as for any other school vaccination programme.
- Whether or not you give consent, this form must be returned directly to school so that we can share with SIAS
- We attach a PDF version of the consent form (see below); in case your son has lost his on the way home
- We attach a leaflet (see below) from the SAIS team with further info on the Vaccinations
- A contact number for the SAIS in case of queries: 0121 245 5760
- More details can be found online at; https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-and-young-people
Monday 4th October: Consent forms provided to students
Wednesday 6th October: Consent forms need to be returned to school and will be collected by SIAS for processing.
Friday 8th October: Vaccinations take place