Who should providers contact to discuss events and options?
The named Careers Leader in school is:
Mr S Kirk
King's Norton Boys' School
Tel: 0121 628 0010 (Available 8am - 4pm)
Providers can speak to our careers leader to discuss possible attendance at relevant events.
Our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy sets out the school’s approach to allowing providers into school to speak to our pupils.
We will grant access requests to providers who meet the following criteria:
- those who work within an educational environment, and carry a DBS certificate
- those who bring specialist subject knowledge which supports our pupils and will agree to being supervised at all times
We will refuse any access request to:
- providers whose resources are for ‘party political purposes’ or who have affiliations with political groups
- providers who promote discriminatory views in relation to the protected characteristics listed in The Equality Act 2010
- providers who promote or glorify terrorism or extreme ideological, religious or political beliefs
- providers who fail to or refuse to meet any safeguarding requirements
- providers where the school is unable to measure a benefit to our students
What can providers expect once a request has been accepted?
Once we have approved a provider, we will work with them to identify the best method for providing access to our pupils.
We will make the school hall, classrooms, private meeting rooms or virtual meeting rooms available to host discussions between providers and pupils. We will also make presentation equipment, such as projectors and televisions, available to providers.
Arrangements will be discussed in advance between our careers leader and a nominated member of the provider’s team.
Can providers leave prospectuses for pupils to read?
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus and other relevant course literature with the Careers Leader.